Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Day 13 of Trip to Israel

Fish for breakfast? Still not going for it.













The morning discussions with others have been great to the point where I'm just barely finishing my breakfasts.













This morning, we had to leave the Jerusalem area and head up north towards Galilee. Apparently, some people did not adhere to the one luggage & one carry-on rule. The hotel staff had a hard time packing everything.













The first McDonald's I've seen in Israel.













For lunch, we went to Ein-Gev Fish Restaurant on the Sea of Galilee.

















We started off with a delicious bowl of hot soup (although it was super humid outside).













Pastor Jack recommended the specialty, the talapia. Not the kind we get in Hawaii...but these are specially grown in a fishery, not in a canal. Here is the before shot.













Here is the after shot. Pretty good fish but not something I would eat at home. I only ate it because Pastor Jack said we should try it.













So what did Pastor Jack eat? Spaghetti.













Riding on the Sea of Galilee, which was right after lunch. Luckily, no one got sick.













Communion at St. Peter's Primacy. This time Anna Hayford shared about a time of brokenness in her life.













Daddy getting baptized in the Jordan River.













Saw this at a store. Wondered if this would be good for the worship team.













For dinner, they had steak for us! Boy, that was good!













For dessert, I had this chocolate cake and baklava. The baklava was so good, I took another two pieces but didn't get to finish it because Pastor Jack said it was time for our group meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home