Day 9 of Trip to Israel
It has come to my attention that some people believe that all I'm posting about my trip to Israel are pictures of food. They are complaining that I'm not showing the important sites of Israel. Apparently, they are just looking at the pictures and not reading the portions where I tell them to go to my other blog: http://hnl2tlv.blogspot.com. Tsk, tsk. Please read the captions (and you know who you are).
It's great to see my family every day!

For breakfast I had eggs, potatoes, and a vegetable quiche. That's some kind of baked pear thing at the bottom.

For my second round, I got my bowl of cereal and an tomato and cheese omelette.

If you click on the picture, you will see an ant in the middle. Pastor Jack joked that on his first trip to Israel he took a picture of an ant, which looks like any other ant, but it was an Israeli ant!

Standing on the Mount of Olives overlooking the temple area...you can see the Dome of the Rock in the back.

Prayed a special prayer for Deanne as I was by the tree at the Garden of Gethsemane.

Jesus actually walked these stairs. After leaving the house of the high priest Caiaphas, Jesus was led down these stairs to be mocked and tortured. (I had a moment here.)

For lunch, all 90 of use packed into Nafoura.

The restaurant was passing out sodas so I took an Israeli coke. I though it was part of the tour package until the man came around and asked for $2.

We had a pita which you could stuff with hummus (chickpeas), mushrooms, some kind of cole slaw, and lettuce.

We had communion at the Garden Tomb. I took this communion on behalf of Deanne.

After a full day of touring, it's hard to have the energy to eat. As I'm posting this blog, I really forgot what this stuff was.


It's great to see my family every day!
For breakfast I had eggs, potatoes, and a vegetable quiche. That's some kind of baked pear thing at the bottom.
For my second round, I got my bowl of cereal and an tomato and cheese omelette.
If you click on the picture, you will see an ant in the middle. Pastor Jack joked that on his first trip to Israel he took a picture of an ant, which looks like any other ant, but it was an Israeli ant!
Standing on the Mount of Olives overlooking the temple area...you can see the Dome of the Rock in the back.
Prayed a special prayer for Deanne as I was by the tree at the Garden of Gethsemane.
Jesus actually walked these stairs. After leaving the house of the high priest Caiaphas, Jesus was led down these stairs to be mocked and tortured. (I had a moment here.)
For lunch, all 90 of use packed into Nafoura.
The restaurant was passing out sodas so I took an Israeli coke. I though it was part of the tour package until the man came around and asked for $2.
We had a pita which you could stuff with hummus (chickpeas), mushrooms, some kind of cole slaw, and lettuce.
We had communion at the Garden Tomb. I took this communion on behalf of Deanne.
After a full day of touring, it's hard to have the energy to eat. As I'm posting this blog, I really forgot what this stuff was.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home