Preparing for Israel
The countdown is on. I am 3 days away from the trip of a lifetime - from Honolulu to Israel. Being the pake, I'm trying to maximize this trip for all its worth:
1) I've always wanted to walk the sites of the Bible...I've talked about it in the Walk Thru the Bible seminars...now I actually get to walk it.
2) The Foursquare Annual Convention will be held from Sunday, July 22 to Wednesday, July 25. The national convention is typically held on US soil, but Pastor Jack Hayford, the president of our denomination, has an incredible vision of helping people understand the importance of Israel.
3) The tour of Israel that I'm on (from Thursday, July 26 to Thursday, August 2, is being led by the man himself, Pastor Jack Hayford. Dang, that's exciting.
4) I'm going to earn credit towards my MDiv at King's Seminary.
I am receiving literature in the mail from Pastor Jack's office preparing us for the trip. Just got a grid of the sites we'll be visiting and the biblical references. Also got a sheet of the geographic specs of the lay of the land.
As the days approach, I feel a special need to prepare myself for the trip. I expect to meet the Lord in a very special way there.
If I can get good internet connection I will be posting photos and details of our trip on a special blog. Nothing is there now except a graphic but stuff should be going up later this week.
1) I've always wanted to walk the sites of the Bible...I've talked about it in the Walk Thru the Bible seminars...now I actually get to walk it.
2) The Foursquare Annual Convention will be held from Sunday, July 22 to Wednesday, July 25. The national convention is typically held on US soil, but Pastor Jack Hayford, the president of our denomination, has an incredible vision of helping people understand the importance of Israel.
3) The tour of Israel that I'm on (from Thursday, July 26 to Thursday, August 2, is being led by the man himself, Pastor Jack Hayford. Dang, that's exciting.
4) I'm going to earn credit towards my MDiv at King's Seminary.
I am receiving literature in the mail from Pastor Jack's office preparing us for the trip. Just got a grid of the sites we'll be visiting and the biblical references. Also got a sheet of the geographic specs of the lay of the land.
As the days approach, I feel a special need to prepare myself for the trip. I expect to meet the Lord in a very special way there.
If I can get good internet connection I will be posting photos and details of our trip on a special blog. Nothing is there now except a graphic but stuff should be going up later this week.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home