Grace's Inn
I finished giving the message at Crosscurrent Fellowship in Manoa. It was lunchtime and I was hungry. By my calculations, there was only one thing to do. Grace's!
Again...it was a moral imperative. I had to get the chicken katsu. This is dedicated to John, Andrew, my sister Pam, and to my friends in Kobe, Japan (who probably get way better chicken katsu...the way it's supposed to be made...not like Hawaii-style where they deep fry the chicken in oil that's probably 7-14 days old).
What's cool about Grace's katsu is they give you two mac salads, kim chee and chow fun under the chicken.


Again...it was a moral imperative. I had to get the chicken katsu. This is dedicated to John, Andrew, my sister Pam, and to my friends in Kobe, Japan (who probably get way better chicken katsu...the way it's supposed to be made...not like Hawaii-style where they deep fry the chicken in oil that's probably 7-14 days old).
What's cool about Grace's katsu is they give you two mac salads, kim chee and chow fun under the chicken.


3 Comments:
I kid you not , I have this stupid grin on my face as I stare at that picture of the clouds in Honolulu. Do you know how long since I've seen clouds like that? Ok, not all that long, really, but do you know how long it's been since I've seen clouds like that in Honolulu? Ok, you know precisely how long...but still...I'm grinning like the idiot that I am...*sigh*...
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh what a beautiful plate lunch, i can almost taste that creamy mac salad in my mouth... yum. -plau
Hmmm, maybe they make katsu the correct way in Kobe, BUT it's that deep-fried-in-10-day-old-oil plus the side of mac salad that makes it oh, so ONO! (And I had to come and taste it in person to make sure!)
Post a Comment
<< Home