Sunday, October 29, 2006

Masu's MASSIVE Plate Lunch!

I finished up a Walk Thru the Old Testament seminar in Liliha on Saturday. It was lunchtime and I was hungry. By my calculations, there was only one thing to do. Masu's!

It was a moral imperative...I had to get the Aloha Special. Once again, this plate lunch is dedicated to John, Andrew, and my sister, Pam.








































4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Wow, by Japanese standards, there's enough food in that plate to feed an entire family - and have leftovers! It's been interesting as we've adjusted to Japanese portions. Even celery is sold in the market by individual stalks!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Gung Ho said...

Maybe that's why Japanese people in Japan are so skinny.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Bolo said...

Hmmm...if that's the case, Andrew and I definitely would not be able to survive in ministry there. Talk about being pake...

8:23 PM  
Blogger monchan :) said...

Hey, Garylau! I found you from Johnny's buddies. :) Masu's . . . :p

Johnny & Andrew: Don't sweat if God calls you to Nihon. You can eat raamen, and a child's portion blows away our sizes! :)

It's like all the eating etiquette rules go out the window when it comes to raamen in Japan: Girls no longer linger over their food, as they do with 4 grains of rice and one piece of carrot (for example); they slurp up the entire (huge) bowl of noodles and whatever else they've ordered in a matter of 2 minutes. I couldn't hang!

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home