Monday, October 23, 2006

God's Glory Through Cancer

For the past few months, I've been on a journey with a young man named David who I met when he was diagnosed with cancer in the nasopharynx, the same cancer I had two years ago. On Monday, I met up with him as he was going for his 32nd radiation treatment at Queen's Hospital, the same place I had my radiation treatments. David, whose faith was nominal at the beginning of the diagnosis, will grow stronger in his faith as the months progress. He understands that through this he will make God famous.














In the basement of Queen's Hospital.














The reception area for all radiation patients. They do treatments all day from 6am to late at night.













See those plastic masks on the left? When a patient who has cancer somewhere in or on their head comes in, they lie on the table faceup, and their customized mask needs to be fastened over the face and then clipped to the table to make sure the face doesn't move.













These two technicians, Rosie & Robin, were the ones who really cared for me when I did my radiation treatments two years ago. The top photo was on Monday. The bottom photo was back in April 2004.

1 Comments:

Blogger Goose said...

Yo G.

Pass my Aloha along to D. Tang. I haven't seen him since we were both enrolled at UH.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home