Saturday, February 04, 2006

Insight

There’s a theory I have and it goes something like this, “What I say isn’t necessarily what you hear.” Read that again. Many times I’ve had people come up to me and told me that I said some phrase or sentence that really impacted them and I don’t ever recall saying that. It may be something that I value but I’ve never verbally articulated it. In fact, many times I’ll say, “Ooo, that’s good, I should write that down.” I believe that somewhere in between what I say and what you hear, the Holy Spirit intercedes between us.

Another way to put it can be found in a book I’m reading called “Unveiled At Last” by Bob Sjogren. God may give greater insight or understanding to one person over another. For example, a person may go to church and hear a great sermon that really impacts them. But for another person that same sermon could’ve been the most boring thing they’ve ever heard. Who was impacted the most? The first person. Why? Possibly because they would be obedient to it. I think God gives a person insight when they are going to be obedient to His Word and sometimes He blinds someone if He knows he won’t be obedient.

An example of this is Matthew 13 when Jesus gives a parable and then he gives insight to his disciples (because they would be obedient) and lack of insight to the Jews (because they would be disobedient).

And it is the Holy Spirit that gives understanding and insight. It is the Holy Spirit that opens our heart. Can the Holy Spirit close our heart? Sure. If we are not ready to receive His Word. So the lesson is, when your heart is ready to be obedient to His Word, He will give you insight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home