Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My Dad Scares the Bejesus Out of Me!

I always hated when I would come home at night and the house would be pitch black. I'm not just meaning the lights are turned off, I mean the electricity is turned off - and not by accident, but on purpose. That means you can't see anything in the dark - no lights are working, can't find the flashlight. Why? Because Dad is in the house somewhere waiting to scare the bejesus out of me and he turned off all the electricity! So you have to tread everywhere lightly cause you know he's going to pop out somewhere.

But over time I knew where he would be hiding and I didn't want to go there but it was critical so that life could return to normal. He would be in the closet where the electrical box was located. So after getting my guts in order, I would open the closet and then he would pop out and scare the bejesus out of me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Ha! Reminds me of the Pink Panther episode, when Inspector Clussou (?) would come home and would search the house for his assistant Kato (?) who was waiting somewhere in ambush. Always when he let his guard down, Kato would come flying out!

3:04 AM  
Blogger Gung Ho said...

Yeeeesss. I remember that. Kaaatooo? Kaaatooo? Classic scene!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home