2 B 1, ASK 1
As I was driving home, I saw a bumper sticker on a truck, “2B1, ASK 1.” I thought that was pretty profound. I have always believed in being a good steward of my time and using resources wisely, basically not having to reinvent the wheel. When I wanted to become a church consultant, I made appointments with church consultants: Don Cousins, Lyle Schaller, Win Arn, Gary McIntosh, Elmer Towns. All of them graciously poured an hour or two into my life. When I wanted to start an academy for my church, I made appointments with good teachers: Steve Peich, Randy Furushima, Gary Manning, and today, Mike McGuire.
Yes, to be one, ask one. No sense reinventing the wheel.
Fear of rejection? Not really. The way I see it, if they say no, I’ve broken even (I learned that concept from Ken Blanchard). It would’ve been as if I never asked them in the first place. But if you don’t ask, they’ll never have a chance to say yes.
On a sidenote, check out this website that my friend Bolo is passionate about regarding reinventing the wheel.
Yes, to be one, ask one. No sense reinventing the wheel.
Fear of rejection? Not really. The way I see it, if they say no, I’ve broken even (I learned that concept from Ken Blanchard). It would’ve been as if I never asked them in the first place. But if you don’t ask, they’ll never have a chance to say yes.
On a sidenote, check out this website that my friend Bolo is passionate about regarding reinventing the wheel.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home