Saturday, March 31, 2007

Room to Breathe

Just finished my finals for the six-week online course Pentecostal/Charismatic Movements. The difficulty with this course wasn't so much the content but the constant feeling of needing to catch up because I was out one week with the flu.

So now I have some breathing room, Mr. Cabreros and Mr. Mikami.

On the never-ending to-do list is preparing for the Old Testament Survey Course for Bible Institute of Hawaii, my next online class on the book of Romans starting on Monday (which means another final in six weeks), and a short personal study on the land of Israel. I'm hoping to be in Jerusalem this summer for the annual Foursquare national conference and to spend another week there touring the city (before total war breaks out and I can't go there anymore).


As I was reading this morning's paper, saw this in the religious section of the Advertiser.

















Even now it still feels weird being called "pastor." The way I see it, the title "pastor" is only good for taxes, weddings and funerals, denominational meetings, pastor meetings, and the media. Otherwise, I'm just a regular warped Chinese guy who happens to be a pastor. (Emphasis on "warped.")

Over lunch today our family was talking about growing some food so we don't have to buy it. You know eggplant, zuccini, lettuce, manapua, green onions...yeah, Garrett thought there was a manapua plant for a moment until he said, "Heyyyyyyy!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home