Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mmmmmmmm

I may not like some of things Chinese people do, but I sure love good Chinese dim sum.







4 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Hoooooooooo..dang you Gary, now I have to get me some (or should I say "sum".) The only thing worse would be if I was stuck in Kentucky or somethin'.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Gung Ho said...

Yeah...hard to find good dim sum places...not the kind you get from a manapua shop but the kind you get from the rolling steaming carts. No place in the Leeward area. Closest is Chinatown. Royal Garden is located in the Ala Moana Hotel.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Bolo said...

Yeah yeah yeah...you read my mind, Fewell :)

Seeing those pics reminds me of the stories my Letoto cousins would tell when they complained about Frank DeLima asking them to do a Lion Dance at On On at the last minute. They would do it, of course, but they'd give him lots and lots of grief for it. It helped that they didn't have to pay for all the food they ate. Stinkers.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Gung Ho said...

I did lion dance for about 2-3 years. After each performance, we would head over to the Chinese restaurant located on the corner of Houghtailing and N. School, kitty corner of the Chevron station. And we got to eat in the special upstairs dining room apart from the regular restaurant...partially because young boys are noisy but primarily because we were stink.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home