Still sick
Went to the doctor's today and they said I have flu-like symptoms and an ear infection. Mike Palompo wrote back and said "Earache my eye!" (from the classic Cheech and Chong bit).
I think this is spiritual warfare...it may be connected to this weekend's Cat & Dog Theology seminar I'm supposed to do at Christ's Church at Kapolei.
Is it possible to get a cold one week and then the flu the next week?
I felt so weak on Monday & Tuesday it was very reminiscent of my season of cancer. But if I could survive the radiation and chemotherapy treatments, a flu bug isn't much.
My little Naomi drew me a picture that said "We love you Dad, we're praying for you!" So precious.
I'm glad I'm not where John is where it's expected to get to 40 degrees tomorrow night, or where Andrew is where it's expected to get to 28 degrees tonight, or Kobe where it's expected to get to 3 degrees tonight. I like it right here in Pearl City where it's expected to get to 65 degrees tonight.
Boy, when I'm sick I can't read a thing. Everytime I pick up a book I get dizzy. I need my daily Word. I need my daily wrestling of theological challenges. I blame Mark O. He's the one that introduced me to Systematic Theology. Here's the question I'm wrestling with now...are the list of gifts in the NT exhaustive? Or are there others?
I think this is spiritual warfare...it may be connected to this weekend's Cat & Dog Theology seminar I'm supposed to do at Christ's Church at Kapolei.
Is it possible to get a cold one week and then the flu the next week?
I felt so weak on Monday & Tuesday it was very reminiscent of my season of cancer. But if I could survive the radiation and chemotherapy treatments, a flu bug isn't much.
My little Naomi drew me a picture that said "We love you Dad, we're praying for you!" So precious.
I'm glad I'm not where John is where it's expected to get to 40 degrees tomorrow night, or where Andrew is where it's expected to get to 28 degrees tonight, or Kobe where it's expected to get to 3 degrees tonight. I like it right here in Pearl City where it's expected to get to 65 degrees tonight.
Boy, when I'm sick I can't read a thing. Everytime I pick up a book I get dizzy. I need my daily Word. I need my daily wrestling of theological challenges. I blame Mark O. He's the one that introduced me to Systematic Theology. Here's the question I'm wrestling with now...are the list of gifts in the NT exhaustive? Or are there others?
5 Comments:
(Sound of teeth chattering and body shivering): Th-th-three d-d-degrees centrigrade is about th-th-thirty s-s-seven d-d-degrees f-f-fahrenheit. It's n-n-not s-s-so b-b-bad once y-y-you g-g-get used t-t-to it!
(Sounds of slack key strumming and sips from a mai tai with an umbrella in it): I was talking about 3 degrees F. :) But four degrees doesn't make that much of a difference once you're past, say, 50 F.
This worst part of cold weather? Local boys start getting to the point where fifty ain't so bad. Gonfunnit.
On another note, have you read D.A. Carson's book on the gifts of the spirit? I've not read it, but I hear it's an excellent read. Just a thought. Not that you'd read it right now, anyway, dizzy boy ;)
All I can say is thank goodness for down-filled jackets and leather gloves for outdoors. And heated toilet seats and kerosene space heaters for indoors. Four things I never gave a hoot about when I lived in Hawaii!
Mmm...down-filled jackets...yes! And leather gloves! As for heated toilet seats, I only wish I could speak experientially. However, I need no such things as space heaters, with the crazy heaters we have in Fuller, my apartment building on campus. Today's a different story though; we're in an in-betweeny day, one where the weather is in the 50's and 60's, but still overcast. That means that the heaters are off in the building, which translates into me bundling up in my room. Silliness, I tell you. It's nearly frisbee weather, though!
Post a Comment
<< Home