Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Small Trip to Chinatown

During small kid time, I grew up in Chinatown. When I was a kid, I typically went to Chinatown with my mom or dad or even Popo. As a teen, my dad's office was in Chinatown and my first job was cleaning his office. I recently took my family to Chinatown so they could see the sights (and smells) of my childhood.


















Shung Chong Yuein - a great place for cookies, candies and mochi rice (or hahm yook jung or salted duck egg and pork in mochi rice wrapped in tea leaves).















Lotus cakes, mochi rice, gin dui...















Naomi and Deanne looking at candied fruits















Deanne getting some tea and almond cookies



















The Look Funn Factory. I especially liked the char siu noodles. Man, I could eat that everyday!















Looking mauka on Kekaulike Street















Oahu Market...a Chinatown landmark



















Mmmmm....fresh char siu and roast pork















Only in Chinatown...















Corner of Maunakea and King...that's where my dad used to have his accounting office.















Looking mauka on Maunakea Street

2 Comments:

Blogger Bolo said...

Eh, so what, like take me to Chinatown, too?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Gung Ho said...

Shoots...after Gina's, Richie's, Rainbow's, Ray's...

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home