Friday, September 07, 2007

Strolling Through Kaimuki

I was passing through Kaimuki this morning and stopped a few minutes to take a few pics. When I was in elementary school, I would catch the bus (when the fare was only a dime) to Kaimuki Library and spend a lot of time there.
























Then on the way to the bus stop I would stop at the Crack Seed Store and get some Icee and crack seed. I wonder if Hawaii is the only place that calls this stuff "crack seed." I bet it would mean something else on the mainland.

















5 Comments:

Blogger Bolo said...

I've been sharing some li hing mui powder with the natives over here, and they're slowly but surely becoming addicts.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now I HAVE to go get li hing mui because I began to salivate when I saw the seed jars!!! One point for Pavlovian's dog!!!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Gung Ho said...

Better get your li hing fix taken care of now before they get recalled by China.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Bolo said...

RECALLED?!?!?!?! No, I'm coming home for Spring Break...can't recall 'em!

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi G...
Randomness...I was doing the blogging rounds (something I do infrequently...always a kick) and noticed a pic of my niece (at least I think it's her) in your Kaimuki Library pic. She's the one holding her hand up to her face...she's a children's librarian there...small world...

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home