Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Staff Retreat

We had a great staff retreat from Sunday to Tuesday. I mean, how much greater can it get by staying at the Sheraton? Last year our retreat was at some campsite in Mokuleia.













We got the hookup by the chief of security of the hotel who happens to be on our church's council. Super nice suite with a beautiful ocean view.













One of the coolest things we did was have dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It was the first time for me and the food was ono! We started with some really good appetizers, I had the miso salmon for my entree, and ended with a white chocolate coconut cream pie. Dang! Super good!
















We took advantage of the hotel's breakfast buffet. This hotel totally caters to the Japanese clientele. For breakfast they offered curry and rice and miso soup.



















The main purpose of the staff retreat was to build the relationships and cohesion of the seven staff members. Craig Chong, a facilitator for Leader Breakthru, helped us to understand our different personalities, interests and responses to situations.

It confirmed the type of work I enjoy - to read a lot and to organize what I read...hence my love for systematic theology and Walk Thru the Bible.

I gotta admit...I had some hesitancies going into the retreat but by the conclusion it was the best staff retreat I've ever been on.

















During one of our breaks, Craig showed us this video. It was so funny, we watched it three times!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bolo said...

Love the Diamond Head shot, Gary. Would you mind tossing the original file my way?

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home