Cultivate Your Family Life Well
I’ve been studying all day Friday in the library of Pac Rim Bible College. The Leadership Practicum is also going on in the LEAD Center at New Hope. I just took a study break to listen to Pastor Wayne Cordeiro. (How Chinese is that? I’m too cheap to pay for the conference so I sneak in to listen for free.)
Someone asked a question about the role of a pastor. Wayne said a pastor is primarily a shepherd that leads, not a leader that shepherds. There is fine line between the two. A leader is measured by what he does between 9am and 5pm. A shepherd is measured by what he does between 5pm and 8pm. That’s family and home time. Your family and home life needs to be cultivated well. If your family goes down the tubes so does your ministry. Cultivate your family life well.
Someone asked a question about the role of a pastor. Wayne said a pastor is primarily a shepherd that leads, not a leader that shepherds. There is fine line between the two. A leader is measured by what he does between 9am and 5pm. A shepherd is measured by what he does between 5pm and 8pm. That’s family and home time. Your family and home life needs to be cultivated well. If your family goes down the tubes so does your ministry. Cultivate your family life well.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home