Monday, February 04, 2008

Monday, February 4 - Los Angeles

I'm on my way to Virginia for a conference happening later this week. The flights weren't going my way and I ended up staying in LA for one day, so I made the best use of my time by checking in with my profs at King's and searching for some books.

The famous LAX landmark going through remodeling.













Dr. Roy Hayden - my advisor for King's Seminary. This picture is a little deceiving - he was actually glad to meet me.













Dr. Ray Gannon - I'm going to be taking a course from him in two weeks - how the Jewish people viewed the growth of the church from the time of the Gospels to the Pre-Reformation. He heads up the newly established School of Messianic Studies for King's.













Prof. Don Brubaker - he's the one that runs the online classes for King's.













Dr. Wess Pinkham - he oversees the doctorate studies at King's. Although I have yet to finish my Master's, Dr. Wess was encouraged by a project I'm working on and he said it could go towards my doctorate.













Dr. Jody Smith - he was helping me with one of the required courses I will have to take over the next two years for my Master's.














One of my favorite places to eat when I'm in LA. I always go for the chicken burrito. They have a massive huli-huli chicken lay out right in back of the counter.















Saw this in the parking lot after eating at El Pollo Loco.













One of the things I love to do whenever traveling is visit used book stores. Hey, I try to get a good Chinese deal wherever I'm at.













If you click on this photo, you'll get a better idea of what the bookstore looks like inside.




Brand Bookstor in Glendale.











































Archives Bookstore - my favorite used Christian bookstore. Didn't get kicked out this time. Used self-control.














The best thing about my meatloaf dinner wasn't the meatloaf. It was the bread with sweet honey butter.














For Garrett - the rental car company gave me this Chrysler. Don't know what model it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home