Second Day at King's Seminary
Second day of Keys to Successful Preaching. Today's lecturer was Steve Riggle, pastor of 10,000 member Grace Community Church in Houston, Texas. His forte is illustrative preaching, using objects to convey lessons.

Definitely needed the coffee. These classes run from 8:30am-6:00pm. Muddhouse Coffee is my cousin's coffeeshop in Northridge.

See that portable grilling machine next to him? He was cooking steak right before lunch. It was to illustrate how people need to hunger for God.

He used two ropes to illustrate how parents need to discipline their child. This is an example of putting the same boundaries on a child from baby to teenager. This will cause legalism and rebellion.

I know I'm supposed to be a man of faith but my faith is always challenged when riding in this elevator at the seminary.
Definitely needed the coffee. These classes run from 8:30am-6:00pm. Muddhouse Coffee is my cousin's coffeeshop in Northridge.
See that portable grilling machine next to him? He was cooking steak right before lunch. It was to illustrate how people need to hunger for God.
He used two ropes to illustrate how parents need to discipline their child. This is an example of putting the same boundaries on a child from baby to teenager. This will cause legalism and rebellion.
I know I'm supposed to be a man of faith but my faith is always challenged when riding in this elevator at the seminary.
2 Comments:
If I close my eyes and listen to the sound that elevator makes, I'm almost convinced that I'm on any one of a number of elevators here on campus.
That has to be one of the most unsettling sounds I've heard in a while! If I close MY eyes I can almost vistualize the cable unraveling strand by strand!
Post a Comment
<< Home