Monday, September 25, 2006

Goodbye to 'Ol Faithful














The City & County tow truck came today to take away 'Ol Faithful. Back in 2004, someone rear-ended us and crunched up the frame and the insurance company said that the car was no longer salvageable. I hung onto the car as long as I could but we had to clean up the garage.

This was the first car I bought back in 1990. I was in the midst of doing ministry for Campus Life and this car took me to and from ministry events, staff meetings, building times, campus visits. The car would also double as my tent at camps. This was the car I dated my wife in. It brought equipment back and forth for a new church called Faith Christian Fellowship. I brought our two kids home in this car.

I'm actually very grateful for this car. It lasted 7 years longer than I anticipated. The ending mileage was nearly 180,000. I was the first and last owner of this car.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bolo said...

Wow. Kinda sad. I remember seeing that car on Sunday mornings, Sunday afternoons...and at odd spots in between. *Sniffle*.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was a good car :) so sad to say goodbye to an old friend -pam

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home