Too Many Books, Not Enough Time
Everytime I'm in L.A. I make it a point to visit Archives Bookshop, a fantastic Christian bookstore that has discounted new items and reduced used items. There's nothing like it in Hawaii. And it has been about three years since I've been there. Needless to say, I felt like I was in book heaven.
But you know you've been there too long and bought too many books when the Jewish owner of the bookstore tells you, "You know, you should go now."
But you know you've been there too long and bought too many books when the Jewish owner of the bookstore tells you, "You know, you should go now."
2 Comments:
I'll pass on to you a little quote by Dr. Mohler, said when we were in Atlanta for the ETS national convention in November '03. The national convention always draws a bunch of people just for the books, which are cheap, plentiful, excellent, and sometimes very difficult to find elsewhere. As we, the poor college students, looked over the veritable feast before us (some of us were so delirious with joy and longing that we mistakenly called the seemingly endless display of books, "The Marriage Supper of the Lamb"...just kidding), Dr. Mohler looked upon us with wisdom upon his brow and said in a calculating voice, "Remember, you don't *have* to eat!"
You know...he is right.
Post a Comment
<< Home