Friday, February 24
Don't forget to check out my ministry blog. What you see on this blog is my personal blog and some of the behind the scenes of my trip. It's also a way for me to connect with my family. I show my meals because that's what Garrett is always asking about.

A huge area in the shopping center near the Guest House. This is where I’m connecting to the internet while in Manila. The connection is slow but the rate is cheap…about $1.35 per hour. Our Guest House does not have a connection. Notice the Wendy’s at the left…that’s where Jim and I ate dinner Thursday night.

Breakfast…dry rice crispies and toast. Staying away from those eggs that don’t look fully cooked.

Lunch…a hot dog croissant.

Jim and I had rows to ourselves.

Picobello Ristorante. Our hosts took us here for dinner. Up until this point, I have been really hesitant to eat anything non-cooked or drink anything with ice in the Philippines. But that’s mainly for Manila. In Davao, their water is purer because they have a natural water purification system very similar to what we have in Hawaii.

Jim and I have some lychee tea!

Mmm, Caesar Salad!

Mmm, fettucine carbonera!

Naomi, these young girls practice dance routines in the middle of the shopping mall.

Hey Naomi & Garrett – ever wish you had a bunk bed?

Boy, Naomi & Garrett – this bunk bed feels great! The facilities at the SIL are great...a big difference to what we were staying in at Manila. This place has A/C, great (I mean really great) internet connection, and water you can actually drink from the pipe and your stomach won't turn inside out. Jim and I will be staying here for four days.

A huge area in the shopping center near the Guest House. This is where I’m connecting to the internet while in Manila. The connection is slow but the rate is cheap…about $1.35 per hour. Our Guest House does not have a connection. Notice the Wendy’s at the left…that’s where Jim and I ate dinner Thursday night.

Breakfast…dry rice crispies and toast. Staying away from those eggs that don’t look fully cooked.

Lunch…a hot dog croissant.

Jim and I had rows to ourselves.

Picobello Ristorante. Our hosts took us here for dinner. Up until this point, I have been really hesitant to eat anything non-cooked or drink anything with ice in the Philippines. But that’s mainly for Manila. In Davao, their water is purer because they have a natural water purification system very similar to what we have in Hawaii.

Jim and I have some lychee tea!

Mmm, Caesar Salad!

Mmm, fettucine carbonera!

Naomi, these young girls practice dance routines in the middle of the shopping mall.

Hey Naomi & Garrett – ever wish you had a bunk bed?

Boy, Naomi & Garrett – this bunk bed feels great! The facilities at the SIL are great...a big difference to what we were staying in at Manila. This place has A/C, great (I mean really great) internet connection, and water you can actually drink from the pipe and your stomach won't turn inside out. Jim and I will be staying here for four days.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home